Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:28:06 -0600
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@net-noise.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V4 #2137

I only use Crucial memory modules, which use Micron roaches, and I haven't
been dissapointed yet. I have 256Mb of SDRAM in one box (2x128Mb) and 128Mb
of 50ns ECC/EDO DRAM in another. Of course, I also used good mainboards, a
Soyo board in one and an Intel PR440FX in the other. I haven't seen a kernel
panic yet on this hardware using FreeBSD. I did see kernel panics in Linux
due to a problem with Samba, which, in fact, is why I switched to FreeBSD.
Likewise, my Win2k machine hasn't blue screened yet. Luck? I doubt it...

I know some colleagues of mine use IBM branded memory, though I think IBM
buys the individual roaches from Siemens. I've heard good things about these
modules.

It costs more, but if you value a stable box - don't skimp on the RAM.

Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com