Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:03:27 -0800
From:      Will Yardley <william@hq.newdream.net>
To:        Trevin Chow <trevin@mail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installed Qmail -- "mailbox vulnerable"?

i don't think qmail works with pine locally if you're using the maildir
format - at least we generally use pine via IMAP with our qmail box.

if you're using qmail with standard mail files, you should just change
your /etc/pine.conf or /usr/local/etc/pine.conf (or wherever it is in
your system) to look in the correct location.

in any event, pine is most likely still looking in /var/spool/mail or
/var/mail

changing the permissions to 1777 on /var/mail or /var/spool/mail will
get rid of the error, but won't really solve your problem.

-william yardley
new dream network