Date:      07 Mar 2002 16:15:50 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <Harald.Schmalzbauer@wearix.com>
To:        Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifpi2 [WAS: Re: Elsa QuickStep/Microlink PCI]

--=-SmZZckyl7ybgPdMEBLMG

Am Do , 2002-03-07 um 16.02 schrieb Andrew Gordon:
> On 7 Mar 2002, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>=20
> > Am Mi , 2002-03-06 um 22.43 schrieb Andrew Gordon:
> > *SNIP*
> > > One is the AVM Fritz!Card PCI version 2  (version 1 is 5V-only), now
> > > supported by the ifpi2 driver.
> >
> > Hmm, I missed that. Great!!!
> > But I saw that it's only in -current, although it's 2 months old and ha=
> > mfc after 4 weeks.
> > Any chance that it gets MFCd in the near future?
> > Any experiences?
>=20
> I have a Fritz!Card PCI V2 installed in a Net4501
> (http://www.soekris.com/) which also has limited +5V current available; I
> haven't measured the current drawn, but it's probably less than the 100mA
> you say is available in your system.

Thanks a lot. That's exactly the box I plan to buy.

>=20
> This machine is running -stable.  I can't now remember whether Gary
> Jennejohn provided a patch set (check the mailing list archives from
> around November 2001 when he announced the driver) or if I simply used th=
> version from -current.  Running I4B from -current on -stable is normally
> fairly straightforward anyhow.
>=20
> As to the reliability of the driver, there was one major problem, for
> which there is now a patch (which doesn't appear to have been committed,
> probably because Gary is waiting for me to test it as I promised to do
> weeks ago...).  With that patch, it is mostly reliable, and probably woul=
> be 100% reliable on faster hardware: I believe that the remaining problem

Oops, this doesn't sound too good. Addidionaly to the ISDN service I
want to use it as WLAN AcessPoint, with DDNS/DHCP, PF and probably some
other little services. I hope this doesn't cause negative influence to
the ISDN reliability.

Thanks,

-Harry

> is a generic I4B bug, tickled by high interrupt latency causing occasiona=
> packet loss.  I need to do more work on this, but the failure occurs abou=
> once a month in normal use, or almost immediately with high levels of
> debugging turned on.
>=20
>=20
--=20