Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 12:35:31 +0200
From:      "Christian Kissig" <christian.kissig@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB Modem with FreeBSD 4.2

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to use my Elsa Microlink Fun USB under FreeBSD 4.2.

Therefore I recompiled by kernel with support for USB ( and umodem ). During rebooting FreeBSD identified my Modem as ugen0 ( but not umodem0 as i expected ). I tried to use it with PPP anyway. I added it to my ppp.conf file as "set device umodem0" ( so PPP replied with wrong file descriptor ) and "set device ugen0" ( what made my system reboot when dialing ).

How can I make a use of my modem?

Thanks for your answer.

Yours

Christian Kissig