Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:07:09 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@nickelkid.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sorry

At 09.26 25/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>   GUFI could be translated as "owls", but in this case stands for "Gruppo
>> Utenti FreeBSD Italiani" ("Italian FreeBSD Users Group"). What are the US
>> connotations? I'm very interested... ;-)
>It looks like it's pronounced the same as "goofy" in English, which means
>"silly."

  Well, one could say that "silly" doesn't seems too wrong, given the first
message from my account @gufi.org... anyway, I think Goofy is also the
original name of a Disney character who I love ("Pippo" here in Italy) and
I definitely like this "connotation" more! :-)

---

  Stefano Riva
  Systems & Network Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl