Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:43:42 +0200
From:      Marcin Cieslak <saper@SYSTEM.PL>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation of Oracle10g Express Edition: another patch for OS authentication

Hello,

After installing Oracle XE on FreeBSD 6.1-RC I got another problem:
I could easily start listener using "lsnrctl start" but any further
attempt to communicate with the listener failed because of
authentication problem:

TNS-01189: The listener could not authenticate the user

It does not matter if the user was a member of the priviledged group
"dba" or not.

I found out that my Linux emulation does not support SO_PEERCRED
socket option that returns pid, uid and gid of the other side
of the UNIX socket connection.

I have patched my system to partially support this option:

I hope it works for you as well.

Now Oracle XE works for me perfectly, I could even install and run
Compiere for XE (http://sf.net/projects/comxe) without messing
with Firebird and Fyracle stuff.

--
               << Marcin Cieslak // saper@system.pl >>