Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:11:09 +0100
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Burhan Nazir <burhan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting daemon only for user; gotta be simple?

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 05:37:19PM +0000, Burhan Nazir wrote:
> Oh dear, that sounds like way too much work.  Try this instead:
>
> fetchmail -d 60
>
> This will run fetchmail in deamon mode and will poll your servers (defined in
> .fetchmailrc) every 60 seconds.

Thanks for your reply; I do know about that, but I am looking for a way to
have it started automatically. The set daemon 900 option does exactly this,
only from .fetchmailrc. Running fetchmail from the command line without any
flags executes the options specified in .fetchmailrc.

Why am I doing all this? Because after a reboot or shutdown now I always
forget to run fetchmail and realize it only when I see that no new mail has
arrived for 2 days. My fault I believe :)

regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos
	ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net