Date:      Sat, 5 May 2001 18:07:22 +0100
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PnP w/ Non-PnP BIOS

Hi,

I have an i386 system presently running FreeBSD 4.2 whose motherboard
isn't PnP capable.

In this system I have an Iomega Ditto Max with it's associated Ditto-EZ
4Mbps FDC interface card.

Executing pnpinfo shows that the card is present and responding.

Can anyone please advise me how to configure the I/O address, IRQ and
DMA channel for this device using FreeBSD's PnP capabilities.

Under Linux, I had this hardware configured for I/O=270h, IRQ=7 and DMA=3
which worked perfectly with the Linux ftape driver.

Am I right in thinking that FreeBSD has a driver suitable for this card
in it's FDC or floppy disk tape drivers?

Regards,
Neil Darlow.