Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:21:44 -0400
From:      "Bill Sandiford" <sysop@interlinks.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   problem with pw command

I have a script on my machine that calls the pw command.  I have been
running this script for 3 years and it has worked fine.  I use it to change
passwords.  it uses the pw command in the following syntax

echo newpass | pw usermod username

this has worked fine but suddently today it is dropping out with the
following  error

pw: password update: No such file or directory

I have tried everything I can but can't fix this

Please help