Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:57:23 -0500
From:      "Anjan Upadhya" <anjan@gate.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Load Balancing in FreeBSD

Hello all,

I am trying to find a solution for FreeBSD like the Windows Load Balancing.
I don't want to have a dedicated machine doing load balancing for multiple
web servers since it will be a single point of failure.

Instead, I would like to have a utility running on all the freebsd machines
that check each other in a cluster and take over for the overloaded node
based on predefined rules.

I am not sure if this even exists since I could not find a solution yet on
the web.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
Anjan