Date:      Sat, 07 Jul 2001 11:45:28 +0200
From:      Gustaf Tham <gus@algonet.se>
To:        irwanhadi@phxby.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

On 06 Jul 2001 00:54:52 +0000, in sol.lists.freebsd.questions you
wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 09:17:10PM -0600, Gustaf Tham wrote:
>
>> I can't find the "subscriptions" page on WindRiver any more.
>> Surely you can still subscribe to the releases and to the toolkit?
>
>Hmm I couldn't find it either, but my experience with wccdrom freebsd
>subscribptions was very bad. In the first week of may 2001 I pre-ordered
>freebsd 4.3 with subscriptions. Until the third or fourth week of may2001, I
>still didn't receive the cds. Later I emailed them asking about my order.
>They did reply my email, but I don't know whats going wrong, because later I'm
>billed for two cds. Although I got two copies, but it's kinna annoying because
>I just ordered one.
>
>A week after that I emailed them again, asking why I'm billed twice, because I
>just ordered for one CD. It took 1 1/2 week just for them to reply to my email
>asking "what is your order number or customer number". After I gave them my
>order number and customer number, until now (already > 3 weeks), there is
>still no any answer.
>
>Does anybody else have the same bad experience buying from wccdrom too ?

I have a similar experience myself, and that's why I asked the
original question in the NG instead of mailing WindRiver.
I pre-ordered one subscription in  march 01, received one 4.3 box
but was charged twice, on two different occasions.  I've emailed twice
to info@ods.bsdi.com about this, over five weeks ago and  then later
three weeks ago.   I've not heard from them.
That email-address is still in the footer of their order confirmations
(last one received on may 31).
I also emailed one employee at BSDi, who is a frequent poster in the
BSD newsgroups.
He promptly replied and said he would forward my mail to the right
person.
Still no response.
I'm reluctant add to the confusion at WR by  re-stating my problem a
fourth time at the new ordertracking@windriver.com address.
Surely they cannot have piped the info@osd.bsdi.com mail to /dev/nul,
but are slowly wading through it.
Mistakes are all right; not replying to maiI -- I think not.

Gustaf