Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:15:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   TYAN Thunder 2500/MP Table Error

Dear Sirs.
I run successfully a TYAN Thunder 2500 mainboard with FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE, BIOS Beta
1.03/896 for the LSI 53C896 based SCSI controler. When booting, I obtain a lot of
SMP messages from the kernel, but at one stage, I receive this error:

APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
APIC_IO: Broken MP table detected: 8254 is not connected to IOAPIC #0 intpin 2
APIC_IO: routing 8254 via 8259 and IOAPIC #0 intpin 0

SMP works fine, but it seems that there is something wron with the MP table.
Is this a serious error message or is it simply a warning? What kind of performance penalty does
it results in? And: hopefully, is there a chance to get rid of it with a new
BIOS update in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Gruss O. Hartmann