Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:10:09 GMT
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/90093: fdisk(8) incapable of altering in-core geometry

The following reply was made to PR bin/90093; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:06:30 +0200

 AFAICT, the fdisk code skips to using pwrite to write the MBR if the MBR GEOM
 class fails (which it will do if an MBR does not exist), and should update
 the MBR info correctly anyway. I was however unsuccessful altering the
 geometry even with this patch. But the warning printed when geom_mbr fails is
 a bit confusing, since the write request might be successful anyway, so we
 should either just quell the warning, or make using geom_mbr work.

 --
 Ulf Lilleengen