Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 21:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Strange one-sided network slowdown...

Hi all -
	I recently reconfiged my home network.  My gateway is a P400
running 4.2-20010214-STABLE.  The internal interface is rl0 (a D-Link
card).  The network basically looks like this:

net --- dsl modem --- gateway --- hub --- laptop

Everything works just fine except transferring *from* the gateway *to* the
laptop (~10kb/s).

Transfering *from* the laptop *to* the gateway (~130kb/s) is fine.
Transfering from/to the gateway/laptop to/from the net maxes out at my DSL
speed.

I know there used to be a problem with D-Link cards, but I am pretty sure
that was fixed around 4.2 and I would think the problem would exist in
both directions.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?  It doesn't matter the
transfer method either (HTTP or FTP).

Any help appreciated...

thanks!

-philip