Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 1996 16:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! /bin/csh is gone!

Hi all,

We'll I'm slightly hosed here. I ftp'd src for current from
ftp.freebsd.org, did a make update and make world.  The make world got
really far along and was in the midst of doing:

install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555 csh /bin

which returned:

install: csh: Input/Output error

and at which point /bin/csh was gone from the system.

A cp of /usr/obj/usr/src/bin/csh/csh to /bin/csh also fails.

/bin/csh is the default shell for root and for several other users who
were logged in at the time.  I'm new to this -current thing.  What should
I do?

HELP!!!

Tom