Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:05:28 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Call for thread testers

All,

This is kind of an unconventional call for help.  As we approach the
release of 5.2, we'd really like to show off the performance and
stability of our new threading packages.  So, I'm looking for people
to volunteer to go out and put some of the thread-capable enterprise
and desktop packages to the test.  Packages that I would most like
to see are:

Apache 2
BIND 9
OpenOffice
Mozilla
KDE desktop + Konq
Java 1.3/1.4 + Tomcat/etc
MySQL
Others?

The questions that I would like to have answered are:

Does it take advantage of pthreads
Does it work with libkse and libthr
Does it operate correctly
Does it perform better/worse than with libc_r
Does it perform better/worse than under FreeBSD 4.x

Thanks!

Scott