Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:10:13 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Urge to apply the vn device hack even to 2.2.5

On Monday, 20th October 1997, "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

>maybe we should make our release-a-day server a 486SX with 8MB of
>memory and switch it to being a release-a-week server instead.
>We'd not have as useful a service by far, but it sure would catch
>those load sensitive bugs early. :-)

Hey, I used to do this for ya!  I used to have a 386sx16 with 4Mb ram
and 13.5 Mb of swap.  Yes, every byte of swap counted!  It didn't have
enough disk to store anything, so /usr/src and /usr/obj were NFS.  It
used to take around 10 days to crank out a make world.  Sort of a
continuing lesson in patience.  It did find real bugs though.

Unfortunately, it took sick and died. :-(

>P.S. Yes, of course I'm just joking. :)

I've always been fascinated by those bald blokes that whip themselves
in the name of religious purification.  They don't joke either.

Stephen.