Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 22:08:13 -0700
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
To:        "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Accessing FreeBSD Gateway from Another FreeBSD Machine

>> Thanks for the quick response. I cleaned out a lot of
>> deadwood from rc.conf on both machines, verified
>> defaultrouter (set to external gateway IP address on
>> the gateway machine and internal gateway IP address on
>> the client), and added a second nameserver to
>> resolv.conf for both machines. No dice. Any other
>> suggestions?
>
>I do have all 5 of my machines in the hosts files on all systems. This
>includes each version of Windows that I multi-boot and FreeBSD.

Hmmm...this is such a fundamental operation for FreeBSD, we're probably all
overlooking something really simple...

Double check your IP addresses and netmasks, looking carefully for typos.

Can you ping the Windows machines from your FreeBSD client? If not, maybe
it's time to try a new cable, plugging into a different port on your hub,
and maybe a new network adapter...

--Dan

--
Dan O'Connor