Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:52:02 -0500
From:      "Bob Johnson" <fbsdlists@gmail.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        bobo1009@mailtest2.eng.ufl.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to print photos

On 3/31/06, M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> Let us suppose that I have a HP DeskJet 5850 that I can talk to via
> CUPS.  I can print test pages w/o any problem.
>
> What are my options to print photos and what kind of quality can I
> expect relative to Windows?

According to http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=3DHP-Desk=
Jet_5850,
HP's HPIJS driver gives "excellent" photo quality with HP printers.=20
One reviewer says that the quality at high resolution isn't quite as
good as Windows, but it isn't clear whether that means high-resolution
"normal" mode, or photo mode, or both.

ports/print/foomatic-db-hpijs and  /ports/print/hpijs

- Bob