Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 16:38:18 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dvd recordable

> Has anyone got a DVD-RAM or other recordable DVD drive working with
> current?  If so, what kind, and in what sense of 'working'?  Thanks!

We were approached by a DVD-RAM vendor at Comdex who wasn't able to
tell us very much conclusively, but they were keen to get sample units
into the hands of our developers, so I'll be pursuing this when I get
back.

At the moment, I don't expect that any of the units on the market will
work as-is, but YMMV.