Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:35:07 +0100
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   wpi0 stability and acpi_hp problems

I'm running RELENG_8 (built yesterday) and have encountered
problems with wpi and acpi_hp.

The thing about acpi_hp is that it misses most of the hardware
when activated in the loader.conf. The WLAN, BT and other sysctls
are only available if I load the module after boot.

My wpi problems are more severe.

I recently purchased a new battery for my notebook and to improve
my battery uptime I deactivated the bluetooth device in the BIOS
(HP6510b).

Ever since the wlan connection is less reliable. The device tends
to spontaneously turn itself off. I also occasionally see:
wpi0: could not configure bluetooth coexistence

The last time this happended (~2 hours ago) I went to the first
console to witness the dmesg events. I pressed the WLAN switch,
the dmesg showed a radion on message, then the system paniced.

Unfortunately it didn't create a dump, probably because I've got
8gb RAM and only 4gb of swap space, though with the new minidumps
that shouldn't really be a problem, I think.

Anyway, I at least copied the screen output on a sheet of paper
and will provide it tonight (I'm on a train at the moment, typing
it now is too inconvenient).

Regards