Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:23:05 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup core dumps

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 08:33:54AM +0200, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> wrote:

> > I've seen a few reports that CVSup has suddenly started dumping
> > core on a segmentation violation under -current, but I need more
> > information.  For starters, I would like to know whether the static
> > binary (ports/net/cvsup-bin) works or not under the very latest
> > -current on the i386.  Could somebody please check that and report
> > back to the list?  I can't sacrifice my i386 -current machine to the
> > cause right now.
>
> The static binary seems to be OK an a 3-day-old CURRENT.

And as opposite, the cvsup 16.0 static a.out binary, downloaded a day
ago from ftp.freebsd.org dumps reliably core for me. I'm sorry, can't
provide any info yet because it's my home machine. The machine runs also
3 day old -current, perhaps with deviation of some 12 hours or so, can't
remember.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee