Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:30:03 GMT
From:      <Tom.DEWAELE@abvv.be>
To:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/147162: [jail] [panic] Page Fault / Kernel panic when jail starts on boot

The following reply was made to PR kern/147162; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: <Tom.DEWAELE@abvv.be>
To: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>,
	<Tom.DEWAELE@abvv.be>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:26:25 +0200

 I've obtained some more information.

 I had a hunch this was caused by a PF rule.
 I disabled PF and the jails did not cause a panic.
 Then I disabled the suspicious rule and again no panic.
 Re-enabled the rule -> panic.

 This is the rule that is either directly or indirectly involved in the
 kernel panic:
 pass out quick route-to (lagg0 10.200.0.1) from 10.200.0.0/24 to !
 10.200.0.0/24

 I have this rule because my jails are on another vlan so they need to
 use another interface for outgoing packets.
 The problem must be linked to this rerouting.

 Today I've built a debugging kernel with the options you suggested.
 I was able to get a backtrace with DDB.

 You can find the panic here:
 http://tweakers.net/ext/f/iirS2Omm8Nfmbpb0BLKSRSzY/full.jpg
 and the backtrace I did here:
 http://tweakers.net/ext/f/doP5G3aux6tSZdZt6hTtaWTR/full.jpg

 The backtrace has 2 pf_route calls so that confirms again my hunch.

 This must be caused by kernel code changes made from 8.0p2 to 8.0p3
 8.0p2 did not cause the kernel panic.