Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 02:17:07 +0000
From:      Bart Smit <bit@signature.nl>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ??? Re: FreeBSD 2.1.6 replaced with point release (2.1.6.1)

>Following Murphy's law to the letter, a significant security hole in
>sendmail 8.8.3 was found just one day after 2.1.6 was rolled and put
>up on ftp.freebsd.org, requiring some sort of response before putting
>2.1.6 onto CDROM.

I hope I'm not the only one that has desperately been trying to find more
info on the 8.8.3 security hole during the last two days. It was really
starting to bug me but then I realized that this must refer to the hole that
was FIXED in 8.8.3. A meta-Murphy typo? Someone please confirm...

I refuse to feel silly.

Bart