Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:56:13 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: roll call and USB "plan"

--nextPart3496032.ehaRaihQeE

On Friday 05 November 2004 04:15 pm, Julian Elischer wrote:
> ok, so, who's subscribed? (who considers themselves able to work on USB)
>
> 1/ where are we?
>   I've seen USB commits recently from several people..
>   anyone have any plans and uncommitted work?
> 2/ what do we need?
>  I know we need to look at multifunction devices, and USB2 hub support
> for USB1 devices.
We need to also start rifling through the numerous USB PRs and figure out=20
what is still valid, this has started, and needs to continue.  I plan on=20
looking at a few PRs this weekend.  Also pretty much all the NetBSD USB=20
changes that have been made over the last 3 years that haven't been=20
imported needs to be imported if possible so we aren't stuck with broken=20
and diverging USB code.
There are some issues with some stand alone USB mice (Microsoft=20
Intellimouse Explorer) that don't work.  I've got some preliminary patches=
=20
to get some of these partially working.  There are also issues with=20
various Palm-based handhelds displaying strange behavior when trying to=20
sync.  There seems to be a timing bug in the USB that I can reproduce with=
=20
my Handspring Visor has existed from 4.x to now, causing the first attempt=
=20
to sync to timeout.
usbd needs to die now that we have devd.  I'm going to (unless someone=20
beats me there) create a patch to transfer all of the usbd.conf devices to=
=20
devd.conf.  This also means that devfs.rules needs to be documented about=20
so people can set the permissions properly.
>  EHCI command completion interrupts probably also need work..
> 3/ scottl has said that he wants to work on CAM/SIM and that may impact
> umass.
> 4/ I think we need to do more work on umass devices in general.
>

> I have a work requirement to try MFC some of the more important stuff
> back to 4.x.
> Anyone already doing that? If not, I guess it's mine :-)

That's my 2 cents.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry