Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 23:36:56 +0400
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@sibintek.net>
To:        Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for a new equipment vendor

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 08:16:51PM +0100, Jim Dixon wrote:
# On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Kim Shrier wrote:

Does anybody recommend some brands? Working in corporation, I'll struggle
to buy some !brand more than would be sorry it's a lot more expensive.
I remember 450/500MHz versions of Compaq Proliant 1600 with Smart Array
working great, but they just EOL'd. How pity. Any advices on, maybe,
even Compaqs? Fujitsu-siemens (are those known in the US?)?

# > I have ordered 2 Telenet 1U systems for clients that wanted dedicated
# > web/email servers.  So far, I have had no trouble with them and they
# > appear to be well built.
#
#
# We don't deal with them any more.  Their products are generally good,
# and prices are not low but are reasonable.
#
# --
# Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net

--