Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 21:47:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Geoff Wells <geoff@ginsu.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        didier@aida.org, Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp server

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting this up as well.  I have a dedicated 28.8
out to the Inet and two dialup modems for users.  I haven't experianced
any of the core dumps that others seem to have experianced and I've been
up a few weeks now (under 2.1).  My problem is that I can't get the PPP
working with my modems.  I've tried a direct connect through a null modem
and that worked fine but as soon as I try it through dialup, nothing.

I can connect, log in, do the normal user/shell stuff, but as soon as I
start the ppp stuff Trumpet doesn't set up the link right.  It seems to
have the connection established but I can't even ping the other end of
the line.  It's like it can't get the configuration info.

Geoff.