Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:47:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issues with 5.3-p2, Xorg-6.8.1 and ThinkPads?

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Robert Gogolok wrote:

> I also use the i810 driver (on sony PCG-R600HMP). Since xorg 6.8.1 I
> can't get my X working. Could you send me your xorg.conf? Or what do you
> mean by disabling acceleration? (See below, it seems it is enabled here
> too, but I don't know how to disable it.)

A patch is now available at
    http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/xorg-server-update.diff
and is waiting to be committed.

I don't know whether it will fix your problem, but it fixed mine (I have
the 830M chip).

> I first disabled "glx" and "dri", enabled SWcursor, and the startup attempt
> gives the following:
> http://w5.cs.uni-sb.de/~gogo/screenshots/Xorg.0.log

Yes, the signal 11 is a symptom.

> Do you mean by acceleration this line (in the Xorg.0.log file at the end)?
> <<< II) I810(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA) >>>

Yes, the driver is broken.  You need to use ``Options "NoAccel"'' (without
the outer quotes).  I'm having trouble with my web server (or DNS) so I
can't publish my xorg.conf file...

-- Dave