Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 01:54:17 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Sm rgrav)
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, joelh@gnu.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File I/O in kernel land (was: Re: 2nd warning: 2.2.6 BETA begins in 10 days!)

> >  1 not set the flag (that's probably a bad idea, as it's what tells
> >    syscons not to futz with anything)
>
> Exactly what dire consequences can this have?

Look for everything else that tests for it.  Anything that does so, and
isn't guarded against the screensaver being active, is a candidate for
problems.  It's possible that there aren't any; I just threw a quick
eye over stuff.

I would be most worried about console switches; you want to make sure
that you get out of the screensaver before the switch happens.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\