Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:20:49 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1016605249.feb7bb@mired.org>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Be careful what you say

In <20020315061215.GA1693@raggedclown.net>, Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net> typed:
> I have just received a very abusive email from someone on this list.

I'm sorry it happened; unfortunately, that's the risk one takes
whenever you say *anything* in a public forum. Don't give up on public
forums - especially this one - just because one person has no manners.

> By the way, you shouldn't take notice of anything I say, I just quote
> from it all from manual pages and Introductory books on Computer
> Science. Amazing I have got away with it as a paid job for all these
> years.

No, it isn't. Most people can't read manual pages or Introductory
books on CS, so businesses will gladly pay someone to do these things
for them. Or is saying that in a public forum going to cause me to get
abused?

	<mike