Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:05:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ugo Paternostro <paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to detect obsolete files after a make world?

[Well, this applies to -current too, but I post here as I run -stable]

Is there a way to detect obsolete files/shared libs after a make world other
than manually scanning the directories looking for files that do not match the
make world date?

Every time a so version number is bumped, you end with an old copy of the
library in /usr/lib, and every time a program is removed (like lfs some time
ago, or sgml tools a lot of time ago) you still retain that copy.

Tell me it is possible without "newfs && make reinstall": that's the MircoSoft
way :-)

What about a very dangerous use of "find / -type f \! -mtime 1 -delete", or
similar? ;-)

Bye, UP