Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:52:11 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Henrik Nilsson <Karl.Henrik.Nilsson@home.se>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: native java on freebsd

Henrik Nilsson wrote:
> I'd really like to know how to acces the full potential of jni in
> FreeBSD.
> I just can't seem to get it to work...
> with linux-jdk1.2.2 you can't read the correct lib-file. (I suppose it
> wants a linux shared library)

It does indeed.  You can make one for it if you install the linux_devtools
port and use the version of gcc contained in there.  Alternatively I guess
you could build a linux cross-compiler from the gcc source code, but that
sounds way too keen to me :).

> with jdk1.1.8 it can't find it, and I haven't found any documentation on
> where to put the location information about the lib-file.

The environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to contain the path where
the shared library can be found.

HTH!
				- Greg