Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 12:31:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@unix.guru.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weirdness in current

> > > Are you saying the math library is brought in even if you don't
> > > explicitly ask for it?
> >
> > Yes.  It did that in 2.10R, 2.15R, -stable, and now again in -current.
>
> I don't see that on my -stable box, but it definitely happens in
> -current.
>
> It's done automatically in -current by the c++ driver on line 551 of
> /usr/src/contrib/cc/cp/g++.c.

I verfied that it was bringing in the math library in the static and the
dynamic one, but the program core dumps in the static one much like it did
before it compiled in the math library.  I find it especially
strange that it *ONLY* core dumps on output redirection.  Interactive use of
the program works fine.