Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 13:56:05 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OPIE breakage: backout & patch for review

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 13:27:38 +0300, Andrey A. Chernov wrote:

> Unless you specify exact details of what I ignore, I'll be forced to
> treat your reply as NO REVIEW and commit this changes.

Well, after numerous exchanges of nonsense messages a bit of details comes
from des, so I correct my explanation. Patch remains the same.

As des describes in another thread, he tries to satisfy users who want to
control localhost in the same way as other hosts. But... I found that the
way he does it breaks existen OPIE behavor and configs.

To be more specific, exact breakage after des is:

Old non-PAMified OPIE variant: localhost allowed even there is no
/etc/opieaccess at all.

New variant from des: if there is no /etc/opieaccess, localhost is not
allowed.

Admins with no /etc/opieaccess AFFECTED!

Please note that my patch not adds new functionality des and his users
want, it only removes breakage.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/