Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2001 06:56:18 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        huang wen hui <huanghwh@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My Xircom driver not work on 4.4

> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:38:42 -0700 (PDT)
> From: huang wen hui <huanghwh@yahoo.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>

> --- Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org> wrote:
> > Try adding #define XE_DEBUG 2 at the start of
> > if_xe.c, rebuilding and
> > letting me know.
> >
> > Also, chances are good that this may be due to a
> > problem with memory
> > allocation in -stable.
> >
> > orm0: <Option ROM> at iomem 0xc0000-0xc9fff on isa0
> >
> > This is an indication of the problem. 0xca000 isn't
> > a good place to
> > start, and it is likely what is being used. Try
> > setting
> > sysctl -w machdep.pccard.mem_start:0xd0000
> > and trying again.
> >
> > Warner
> OK, after setting "machdep.pccard.mem_start=0xd0000"
> in /etc/sysctl.conf,
>
> xe driver works.  but I have one question, why xe use
> here  IRQ 3, not use 9 or 10 ?
>
> IRQ 3 was used by mwave. and IRQ 9 and 10 should be
> available. Here is the dmesg:

You're getting close. What, if anything, is on the irq line of
/etc/pccard.conf? That line lists available IRQs and, when running
with ISA interrupt routing, is where pccardd gets the IRQ to use. It
will try to use them without regard to something else using them.

Either add a line to /etc/pccard.conf (which you can cerate if it's not
already there) reading "irq 9 10" or change to PCI interrupt routing
which will allow IRQs to be shared. For PCI interrupts, the contents
of the irq line are ignored.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)