Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:46:51 -0800
From:      joshua lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
Subject:   Re: Be careful what you say

I've been using FreeBSD for about two weeks now, and the help
I've received from this site has been phenomenal.  This is
obviously not the forum for comments such as these.  It's a good
thing to have checks on the advice fols are giving.  Thank you.

Jolok

3/14/2002 10:12:15 PM, Cliff Sarginson
<csfbsd@raggedclown.net> wrote:

>I have just received a very abusive email from someone on this
list.

>I had chosen to explain to him in a way he did not like that he
was
>giving bad advice on a recent topic, and to explain why.
>
>This person decided to call me a nazi (plus a few other random
insults
>thrown in, triteness, condescending, omniscient pretensions
etc..)

>If it is being a nazi to explain to someone why the information
was
>wrong then I guess I deserve to be lumped in with Hitler.
>
>I am writing to the list, just to say that if the risk a person runs
>when giving advice, or explaining something to someone who
appears not
>to understand it, is that they will be called a Nazi then I shall not
>bother anymore.
>
>Perhaps he should read his history books, I probably know a
little bit
>more than he does about what Nazi's did and still do.
>
>By the way, you shouldn't take notice of anything I say, I just
quote
>from it all from manual pages and Introductory books on
Computer
>Science. Amazing I have got away with it as a paid job for all
these
>years.
>
>--
>Regards