Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:20:30 +0200
From:      Niek Bergboer <niek@bergboer.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tagged Command Queuing support for IC-35L0?0 ?

Hi,

I posted this message on -questions, and since I got no reply I've
assumed that it's technical enough to post here on -hackers.

Since FBSD 4.3-RELEASE, tagged command queuing is supported for IBM
DTLA and DPTA IDE drives. However, the newer "Deskstar GXP" drives
also support TCQ according to IBM's website?

Can these newer drives, based on the IC-35L0?0-chipset, also be used
with TCQ enabled in FBSD? (? is 2, 4 or 6 depending on whether the
drive has 20, 40 or 60 GB capacity).

Thanks in advance,

Niek Bergboer