Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 04:24:02 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Dikshie <dikshie@ppk.itb.ac.id>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: many error code 1 (ignored) messages

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 09:17:08AM +0700, Dikshie wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Hello,
> It's my first time to mirror the WWW.
> I got many error code 1 (ignored) messages.
> is it normal ?
> for example:
[snip]
> /usr/local/bin/tidy -i -m -raw -preserve -f /dev/null -asxml  index.html
> *** Error code 1 (ignored)

For invocations of tidy(1), yes, it is normal.  Tidy is a program which,
well, tidies up the HTML generated by other programs by formatting it so
it is compact and good-looking.  It can finish with an exit code of 1 if
there are any warnings - basically, if anything needed changing.  Since
the FreeBSD Documentation Project toolchain generates HTML that does
really need tidying up, it is virtually certain that tidy(1) will exit
with a code of 1 on nearly every invocation, so its results are ignored.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
I've heard that this sentence is a rumor.

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum--