Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:49:49 +0000
From:      setantae <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/32082: true.1 totally incorrect

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 04:05:53PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> It's either `non-zero' or `one'.  Not both.

True. While the version of true(1) that we are shipping will always
exit with a status of 1, I'm not sure that's portable.
I tried to check to see if POSIX guarantees `one', or just `non-zero',
but it would appear that you have to be a member to look at the
standard ??

If anyone has access to the standard could they take a look and let
me know so I can amend the patch accordingly ?

Ceri

--
keep a mild groove on