Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 19:09:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@tribe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xcdplayer

For some reason xcdplayer-2.2.tgz is not working properly on my
2.1.0-951104-SNAP system.

"cdplay cd0" works fine when run by me (under a normal account).
However "xcdplayer" starts up with the display all scrunched up
and overlapped, with no visible buttons.

Doing a ktrace shows it getting "Permission denied" when trying
to open /dev/cd0a and /dev/rcd0a, even though a list of /dev/*cd0*
shows everything having mode 666.

Has anyone else had this problem? It used to work under 2.0.5.

-Archie

Archie L. Cobbs, archie@tribe.com  *  Tribe Computer Works http://www.tribe.com