Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:57:49 +0100
From:      Joe Kuan <joe.kuan@itrinegy.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help: FreeBSD 6.3 - em driver & taskqueue & priority

Hi all,

    I have implemented an network application in kernel space and it
is working fine. The application involves 3 network interfaces that
FreeBSD 6.3 can forward mbuf between em0 and em1 in a rate 1.3 - 1.4
millions packets per second. Em2 is used for controlling the network
application.

    The problem is that when em0 and em1 are transmitting in 1.3 - 1.4
millions packets per second, the em2 interface becomes irresponsive.
However, my goal is to make the kernelised network application
response as soon as a control packet arrives in em2, ie jumps the
queue ahead of all the packets in em0 and em1.

    I think the problem lies on the priority set on the task structure
are all the same for all the em devices. Am I heading in the right
direction?

    If not, please advise me.

Many thanks in advance
Joe