Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 1998 08:45:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Marty Cawthon <mrc@ChipChat.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Local package initialization

Hello BSDaemons,

When Booting FreeBSD several packages are initialized (started).
Example:
  -------
  starting standard daemons: inetd cron sendmail
  Initial rc.i386 initialization  (syscons: font8x16... etc)
->Local packaging initialization: apache Canna squid <-
  starting local daemons: httpd
  -------

  I believe that 'local startups' are usually placed in "rc.local".
I examined 'rc.local' and 'rc.conf' and do not find a reference to
the 'Canna' or 'squid' servers.

Q: Which file contains the initialization code for these servers?

Marty Cawthon
ChipChat
Dearborn, Michigan USA (now visiting Japan)