Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:29:54 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Craig C. Brunner(CCB)" <craigb@powernet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP Troubles(Better version)

> Hey,
> 	Ok.. heres the exact problem: i ran a pppscript that didnt work, I
> dunno if it caused it or not. In ppp type term and it says: Cannot open
> device /dev/cuaa1. in the /var/ppp.log it says: Phase: deflink: /dev/cuaa1
> is in use: uu_lock: link error: No such file or directory....someone told
> me to delete the /var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaa1 and i did but it still doesnt
> work.. I have done a ./MAKEDEV cuaa1 which didnt work.. how I fix this is
> to exit ppp.. renter andwithout doing anything going: set device
> /dev/cuaa1 and it works.. but that is already set in my ppp.conf so I dont
> get it.. and I cant use my pppscript when its like thsi cause it just
> closes because it cant open it. Please help.

This is a bit of a strange error.  It implies that you can create a
temporary lock file, but can't link it to the original.  What does
/var/spool/lock look like (ls -l) ?  Perhaps LCK..cuaa1 is a
directory, or maybe /var/spool/lock is on a filesystem that doesn't
support links (msdos filesystem) ?

If neither of these are true, I guess gdb's your friend :-[

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>