Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 03:25:19 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        David Banning <david@banning.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: procmail - I see the light!

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:07:37PM +0000, David Banning wrote:
> OK - now, I see procmail is examining the hidden part
> of the header, not just
> the header I view when I am reading it in my client.
> That's great.  Thanks, Giorgos.
>
> There is only one problem I have remaining. I always _used_
> to have my mail collect in /var/mail/$USER and my email
> clients look for it there, not in ~/Mail
> I can configure mutt to read ~/Mail but not /etc/mail
>
> So my question is: why do I have this problem? Presumably
> everyone else's FreeBSD has been the same as mine.
> So why is there this reference to ~/Mail by www.procmail.org
> and FreeBSD procmail users I have corresponded, and the presumption
> that we all store our mail there?
>
> I am missing something?

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what the question is.
It's too late for answering mail, I guess, 3 am in the morning.
Could you please state your question in simpler terms?
For instance:

  a) I wanted to do `blah'
  b) I tried to accomplish this by doing `foo'
  c) I failed, and the `bar' program printed this `foobar' error.

I can't figure out what you are asking, and what you are trying to do from
this last mail of yours, I'm sorry :/

--giorgos