Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 14:51:44 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ben Seaman - OSIX <bens@jhbs.com.au>
To:        mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com (M.C Wong)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: modems

I have been following this question and seem to be having similar problems
with dialin modems. The modems in question are either Netcomm E7F or
Banksia MX series. I set the modems to follow carrier and respond to
DTR (at&c1&d2), but the getty seems to exec login well before the modem
answers. Subsequently,  even if the modem answers we never actually
respawn the getty.

Am I missing something?

regards,
Ben Seaman