Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 14:19:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm static

I was just wondering what the status on the static in the pcm driver on
the SoundBlaster ViBRA16X is... Just in case anyone forgot what I'm
talking about, almost half the time when I start playing an mp3 or an mpg
movie I get static out of the soundcard instead of music. If I keep
restarting the song or movie, eventually I get music instead of static,
but then every time I switch songs I get static about half the time again
when the new song starts. Also, short wav files aren't playing all the way
through again.

| Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best OS around.    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.	              | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|