Date:      16 Dec 2000 19:11:57 -0800
From:      Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [SOLUTION] Re: Beaten by Netscape ports.

Donald Maddox (dmaddox@sc.rr.com) got back to me with the correct answer.  I
didn't have the Linux emulation actually running.  Duh.  The cure:

Put the following in /etc/rc.conf:

	linux_enable="YES"

and do the manual step of launching the emulator by running, as root,

	# kldload linux

At that point, you can go to /usr/ports/www/linux-netscape47-communicator and
run "make install," and it all works properly.  :)

Thanks, Donald; I much appreciate it.  I get a Duh award for not having the
proper rc.conf line.

And once again, questions@freebsd.org comes through.  Thanks, all.

						---Ken McGlothlen
						   mcglk@artlogix.com