Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2003 23:23:43 +0100
From:      Volker <Volker@VWSoft.com>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: avm b1 fax?

Hi Bjoern!

At 03.03.2003 21:40, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>sorry for replying to a more than one year old message.
>
> > Jens Trzaska wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to know if there is a chance of using an avm b1 controller
> > > with fax support under FreeBSD. Any ideas?
> >
> > Yes, there is a chance: a driver must be written to get access to the CAPI
> > from userland. The rest is relatively easy ... ;-)
>
>Did anyone work on this resp. is sending or receiving facsimiles
>possible with active ISDN cards ?

Not as I know of but I'm going to do exactly that.

Thomas Wintergerst told me he has done some work on a CAPI implementation
for active cards (AVM B1, C2, C4) and based on his work I'll try to port
the AVM capi4hylafax.

This will still take some time.

I've installed a fresh development (5.0-release) machine two days ago (it
still has some trouble in the config), fetched an active B1 card and
downloaded all needed components. Now I need to correct the base
configuration, configure the i4b subsystem on my fresh machine and will
start to try the port within the next time.

Please don't expect a working (beta) version within the next three to four
weeks but I suspect to have something beta-like sometime in April (please
don't count on that timeframe but I'll try....).

I'll keep this list posted if either something goes completely wrong or is
looking like being on the right track.

I guess having a hylafax working under i4b would be a good starting option
(I guess this should be the fastest hack to have a faxing solution under
i4b). Later we _might_ work out another (better?) faxing solution but this
is currently fiction.

HTH,

Volker