Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:58:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stewart Morgan <stewart@BITS.bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AIC-7895 SCSI controller

Hi there,

	I've recently purchased a Tyan Thunder 2 (S2696DLUA) motherboard with
built in SCSI support... unfortunately, I've been unable to pursuade BSD
to recognise the chipset: AIC-7895.

	My question is: will a driver be available soon? Or, can BSD be fudged
to recognise it as a 3940AUW (the motherboard manual says the two are
equivalent)?

Stewart
Systems-Representative & Joint Systems Administrator

BITS - Bristol Information Technology Society
University of Bristol Student's Union, Bristol, England

E-Mail: stewart@BITS.bris.ac.uk
WWW   : http://www.BITS.bris.ac.uk/stewart/