Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:04:59 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@consys.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        david@sparks.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 21140 version E

}> I just got a bunch of new znyx muliport fast ethernet cards based on DEC's
}> 21140A chip.  I have an older rev C board which works fine.  But the newer
}> rev E's don't:(  The Rev E boards appear fine in the boot process, but
}> come up with:
}
}Have you tried this with 2.2-stable or 3.0-current?  I believe they
}should work now, but you'll need to upgrade if you're not running with
}the de driver from either of those two branches.
}
}					Jordan

I have a Trendware 21143 based card that wasn't recognized
by a 2.2-stable kernel supped last Thursday.  (I assume a 21143
is something similar?)  This is getting crazy, why so
many varieties?  It doesn't help that the model number of
the NIC never changes, just the 2114x chip.

Russell